Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Continual Revelation

Distance. Distance from God. This is the reason I wanted to make this blog. I wanted to make sure the distance never increased, but only decreased.  Revelation about God comes from only from God and from being in His presence. It is not enough to read books about Him or even His Word. My heart and mind must be softened to Him. I could read a thousand books by the most esteemed Christian scholars and preachers, but if my heart was hardened to Him it wouldn't do one lick of good. However, revelation is a side effect of God's presence.

So the idea behind the blog was that my relationship with the Lord would be on display for any (including myself) to see. When I am drifting or not setting apart the time to love Him and get closer to Him, it would be apparent. While I have been away from this blog for many months, I have recently become highly dissatisfied with my personal walk with the Lord and wish to try to make this my "accountability partner" once again. It should not be mandatory that I post daily, but at least every week I should have one or two posts about what the Lord is speaking to me if I am truly listening. God is always speaking. We are rarely listening.

Jeremiah 29:13-14 - "And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you," says the Lord.


Jeremiah 33:3 - "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know."

Are you seeking God with your whole heart? His Word says you'll find Him if you are. Set aside time today to chase Him with everything you've got. It doesn't matter if you don't have an hour. If you only have ten minutes to spare, give Him ten uninterrupted minutes. See if He won't speak to your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment